Frequently Asked Questions
There are many ways to explain what coaching is. Coaching is a partnership in which the coach helps the client to achieve their personal best and to produce the results they want in their personal and professional lives. Coaching teaches you to have the conversations that you need to have with yourself and others so that you are able to get the results that you want.
Coaching is about CHANGE: to close the gap between dreaming and reality. It helps you take a new direction, to take steps towards where you want to go, and not to run comfortably on the same spot.
Coaching increases your self-awareness – finding out where you are and looking for ways to move forward. It helps you find balance and direction in life.
Coaching engages your imagination to define the big dreams in your life and at the same time, addresses the day-to-day practical issues in the real world.
Coaching will help you perform new tasks, improve your performance in your chosen profession, develop a new skill or solve problems. It deals with goals and achievements.
Coaching is not mentoring, counselling, and therapy. You may like to read more about the similarities and differences here.
My job is to be curious, to ask powerful questions, listen and empower you to find answers for yourself rather than advise you or recommend solutions.
I will do the following:
- Hold a safe space so that you may be vulnerable and courageous to try new things
- Teach you to utilise tools to enable you to find answers for yourself.
- Help you to get clear on what is working and what isn’t working in your life.
- Help you to identify what goals, new routines and habits will lead to making the changes so that you will create the life you truly want.
- Challenge any limiting beliefs that held you back so that we can open up new possibilities
- Hold you accountable to accomplishing the tasks and goals that you committed to
- Acknowledge and champion you to be the best person you can be
During each coaching session, you bring along a topic or a goal that you would like to work on. You will have a safe space to do the following:
- re-connect with who you are as a person, your dreams and what matters most to you
- visualise or imagine what does the life that you truly want will look like
- recognise and challenge any self-limiting beliefs that have held you back
- examine the resources you have and need
- explore different options and perspectives
- be courageous in stretching your abilities and stepping out of your comfort zone
- process any emotions that was emotional baggage
- perform tasks that are important to move you closer to where you want to be
- hold you accountable to the course of action that you have committed to